November 7, 2018

Concert #847 - Chris Barron (Spin Doctors) at McCabe's Guitar Shop (October 26, 2018)


When it comes to the music of the Spin Doctors, I can't call myself an expert, but - like everybody else - I have heard dozens of times the band's two catchy hits from the nineties, "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" and "Two Princes". I bought my ticket to see Chris Barron, the main Spin Doctor, even though I'd been totally unfamiliar with his solo career.

I was surprised by the small size of the crowd that came to see Chris, but they all seemed to have had a great time. My unfamiliarity with Chris' music did not help when it came to my enjoyment of the concert. There was just too much music that I did not know. At first blush, I liked a few of his songs, but struggled to connect with many others. To these ears, the highlights of the show were the two songs that I knew.

Chris Barron at McCabe's
Chris Barron at McCabe's
The final bow
The set list
The stage
Chris Barron's guitar case

No comments:

Post a Comment