January 30, 2011

Concert #572 - Kenny White at McCabe's Guitar Shop (October 10, 2010)


Sometimes I drive to McCabe's not to see an established artist, but to support a lesser-known one. Of course, it's that artist's job to tickle my interest, and in Kenny White's case, it was his long-time association with Cheryl Wheeler that did the trick. My friend Steve was there, too, we had fun chatting, as always.

Kenny White delivered a good set, with many quality songs that managed to keep me engaged, but I can't say that it was a high-energy show that blew my socks off. Occasionally, he sounded a bit like John Wesley Harding, at least as his phrasing was concerned. His piano and guitar playing was quite good.

All-in-all, it was a decent show, but not the kind you absolutely have to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment