January 30, 2011

Concert #574 - Trashcan Sinatras at McCabe's Guitar Shop (October 24, 2010)


The Trashcan Sinatras. Not your typical McCabe's act, yet they did play there, I swear. With only 150 seats in the house, the concert sold out, as expected, but it took a couple of weeks before the "Sold Out" sign showed up.

I went to the concert by myself and sat in the front row. I can't say they were not good, yet as a whole, the show lacked variety and it became boring after a while. The highlights were, of course, "Obscurity Knocks" and "Only Tongue Can Tell", their catchy hits from the early 1990s. Without these songs I would have gone home decidedly unhappy, as I didn't know any other song, nor was I very impressed by their repertoire.

Here are the Trashcan Sinatras live, only a few day after I saw them:





No comments:

Post a Comment