January 18, 2011

Concert #38 - Rush at the Forum (February 4, 1988)



My first live encounter with Neil, Geddy & Alex. The concert was part of the "Hold Your Fire" tour, which started in Canada in 1987 and ended in 1988 in Germany. I went to the show well prepared, having listened quite a bit to two of their more recent albums, "Signals" and "Hold Your Fire". Still, I was a relative newcomer to Rush's music, but I loved their sound and lyrics.

Watch "La Villa Strangiato" in this YouTube video, which by the way, was shot in 1988, shortly after I saw them live:


It was a great show overall. I remember well how the cigarette lighters came out during "Closer To The Heart". Neil Peart was phenomenal, as always.

SET LIST
  • Intro (Three Stooges Theme)
  • The Big Money
  • Subdivisions
  • Limelight
  • Marathon
  • Turn the Page
  • Prime Mover
  • Manhattan Project
  • Closer To The Heart
  • Red Sector A
  • Force Ten
  • Time Stand Still
  • Distant Early Warning
  • Lock and Key
  • Mission
  • Territories
  • YYZ
  • The Rhythm Method (Drum Solo)
  • Red Lenses
  • The Spirit of Radio
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Encore: 2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx)
  • La Villa Strangiato
  • In The Mood 





The show opener by Tommy Shaw of Styx fame. Not really my style.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment